The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bright Shiny Things

Tuesday morning and life goes on. I started out with some interesting ideas about what to write. No, that's not true. I had those ideas last night. Should have written them down. My codger brain doesn't hold things overnight. The stuff just leaks out somehow while I sleep.

I might have recalled some of it but I start reading my email or perusing the news and that just fills up the empty spaces and there's nowhere for the lost ideas to return to.

Sucks getting old.

The rest of this post has some interesting links. I don't know if you, like me, get side-tracked easily but I love to click on links I find on blogs and also open extra tabs to do research on names, events, and phenomena I come across.

I got sidetracked by a story from the Boston Herald which talked about a former college basketball star, Rumeal Robinson, who ended up cheating his adopted mother out of her home in Cambridge and is dealing with federal fraud charges, civil suits, and lack of money to pay for his stripper addiction. Your basic rags to riches to rags story.

That took me to a bunch of blogs that I never knew about, all local to Florida. I realize I am late to this blog thing but is there anyone left who doesn't have one?

I ran across a story about a 15 year-old in Broward County (think Ft. Lauderdale if you don't know that county) who was doused with a flammable liquid and set on fire, allegedly because he interfered with a bicycle theft the day before. The weird part is all I could think of was the boy is 15 and a 7th grader? I have lost my humanity.

I also sidetracked myself with questions about the earth's rotation (and why it does not affect the speed of air travel), the jet streams (which do and what causes them), and other Bright Shiny Things.

Like cracks in nuclear power containment buildings. Lots of jokes could be made about this one.


So, naturally, when I got an email from an old friend about an aqua-car, the Python, I had to check it out.


I'm tired again and ready to go back to bed. But I can't, I have to go see a lawyer at 11 and you cannot be sleepy when talking with lawyers.

No comments: