The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nothin' ever remains the same


This will be a short post. It's a golf day. One which starts at 10 AM. Which means I must leave here about 9 AM. Which means I have very little time to write a fascinating post full of wonderful prose. Not that having a lot of time would allow me to produce such a thing but just to warn you today will be worse than usual.

I wanted to introduce Disqus to you and to this site. Disqus is something I have run across elsewhere and have enjoyed using, as a user. It provides a way for the reader to comment, of course, but it also sends replies to your comments to you. You can then reply to those comments as email by simply replying to the email.

You will have to sign up with Disqus the first time so that it knows where to send those emails. If you have never used it before, I am hoping you won't mind that extra effort.

Let me know what you think (he said... trying to entice people into commenting).

1 comment:

Douglas4517 said...

It is not difficult to sign up in order to make comments. You should be prompted for sign up when you try to post a comment. If I recall, that's how I came across it on another site some time ago. You will note that my normal, plain, name of "Douglas" has been replaced with "Douglas4517". This is because I had to sign up that way... some other "Douglas" was there first. The "4517" does have a meaning for me so it is OK. If you find it is too much trouble, send me some feedback through the email link in my profile.