The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How did that stay out of the hole?


I have a confession to make. I have no idea what I have done wrong lately but there must have been something. You see, I can't putt. I have lost the ability to determine speed and break and so the ball often rolls well past the hole. Far enough past that I am in great danger of missing that putt also. This creates the dreaded 3 putt green. I had several of those yesterday.

These are not good. I played better on Friday and better last Wednesday because my putting was... well... adequate.

I have written before about how putting amazes me. Good putting, that is. Bad putting only amazes me when I do it. I go around thinking I can putt decently and then I have one of those days. Like yesterday.

I have decided that I must have done something wrong and some supernatural being decided to punish me.

How to atone? That's the question. I am open to suggestions.


 

No comments: