The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I Lost My Train Of Thought


I had an idea of what to blog about a little while ago but now I don't know what it was. I am sure it was something that would have been entertaining, interesting, or fascinating (pick one) to you readers but we'll never know now.

I was watching some shows that we recorded last evening and one of them gave me an idea but now I've lost the apperently tenuous hold I had on it and it is just gone. That's been happening to me a lot lately. I could chalk it up to old age... which reminds me of an old joke:

If you forget where you left your keys, that's normal.

But if you forget you own a car, that's the time to worry.

Of course, you'd have to have the presence of mind to worry, wouldn't you? And it isn't likely you'd have that at that point.

Oddly enough, I have not forgotten where I've parked my car in large parking lots but I know what to do if I ever do... press the "panic" button on the key fob, that sets off the horn and flashes the car's lights so you can find it. I suspect that is the primary purpose of that button and not to draw other's attention to you because you're being mugged or something.

My key fob has a lot of functions:
  • Start the car (lock it first, even if it is locked already) then press the remote start button twice (only had to press it once for my Lucerne).
  • Lock and unlock the doors.
  • Unlock the trunk. Also has to be pressed twice.
Don't know why Lincoln decided we needed to press twice for a couple of things but it is not a great inconvenience.

I need to test the GPS function but I don't have a need for it now. And it is hard to get lost trying to find how to get to a city, just hop on a freeway which will take you to it. A little too easy, if you ask me. I need to head north to I-10 to go west and that means I must find a route to I-75. But we haven't taken a long trip anywhere in a few years so it will likely never get used.

So, this is my post for today. Hope you enjoyed it. I would suggest you never get old but that sounds more like a curse.

No comments: