The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, August 4, 2011

A little randomness


On any given day, dozens (or more) random thoughts pop up in my head. Sometimes they make sense, sometimes they do not. They entertain me but disappear too quickly for me to write them down. Mostly because they happen while I am engaged in something else... like driving, a lot of them happen while I am driving.

Most of them seem to be questions. Things like:

Why do we always assume the other guy is wrong (until proven otherwise)?

If the government "shuts down", why are our senators and representatives still paid?

Why did Charmin reduce the amount of baby oil and aloe in its Plus brand?
(this one is very important to me)

No one's opinion is more right than mine... or more wrong.

The longer you put off dealing with something, the more painful it will be when you finally do.

I really hate gastro-intestinal remedy ads.

If the rich/wealthy are so evil, why do we all wish to be that?

I used to be a doper, now I am hooked Zantac.

Have you noticed that weather girls all have ample bosoms?


I've decided that there is no real point to life but it beats the alternative.



No comments: