The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Saturday, July 21, 2012

Of course it's a "fishing expedition", why else would I ask?


I am not troubled by all the political manipulations involved in this call for Romney to release his tax returns for the last ten years.  And, for the record, I think he ought to release them for 2008 through 2011. And then I think he should start demanding Obama release his college transcripts. And all the emails and memos about "Fast & Furious".

Just in the interests of "fairness", you know?

Why should Romney release his tax returns? Why not? We will find out he is rich, that he has made a lot of money in a period where some people were losing their homes and their jobs and many others were struggling. Is this a real surprise? Not to me. Does his increased wealth come from those who were losing their only assets? No.

He is just a rich guy and rich guys tend to make money even when others are losing theirs. I have made money the last 3 and a half years and I am certainly not rich. I have (mostly) taken advantage of a stock market that provided some bargains during the Great Recession. I took advantage of the real estate bubble back in 2006. It was just luck and good timing that came together and helped me out. I had no secret knowledge and I don't think Romney does either.

So, yeah, he should release the last 4 years of his tax returns. And then demand Obama tell us more about his past.


No comments: