The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Monday Morning Musings For Tuesday


As I sit here today (Monday) searching in vain for some little thought, some intriguing thingamabob, to write about... all I hear is vague echoes in my mind of nothing of importance.

I thought about reminiscing about Lou Reed and the influence he had on me and countless others, perhaps even mentioning the time some totally stoned freak asked me if the album he had in his hands was the one that had the song "Heroin" on it. I managed to just nod "yes" in a sage way rather than just say, "Why? Can't you read?" I always tried to be kind to the terminally stoned.

I'll mention they have found lakes on Titan (one of Saturn's moons). These are liquid lakes. But not water... hydrocarbons. Not sure what that means but it has some people excited.

I think we are getting a bit desperate to find some sign of life somewhere other than the Earth.  Excited and worried, I suppose. After all, I saw all those "space alien invasion" movies growing up too. Even though, in the end, we humans always win... it is touch and go for far too long. I am not so sure we'd win if some aliens looking for a new place to live ever really showed up.  But I am not worried... basically because I don't think there are intelligent species out there somewhere.

Hey, if they are intelligent, they'd want nothing to do with us.


No comments: