The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Monday, August 11, 2014

Keepin' The Passion


I was listening to some music stored on my computer... blues, baby, blues.... by Irma Thomas.



I often wonder why I like the blues. I think it's because the blues explain/exemplify passion to me. Passion is important; without it, you may as well be dead. Passion is the spark of any relationship. Of course, the most important relationship you can have is the one between yourself and the object of your affection.  Passion is not something you just conjure up... at least, not at my age. It either exists or it doesn't. It wasn't always that way.

When I was young, I was passionate about a lot of things. Especially female humans. But also about life itself. Maybe that wasn't so good... it led me down some strange roads... but that is as it should be when you are young. I once met a man who seemed so staid, so constrained, that I once asked him if he was born at age 45. I may have misjudged him. I still had plenty of passion when I reached 45.

Passion is good for you, it keeps your heart pumping. It allows you to overlook things that might otherwise chill your soul.



No comments: