The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Monday, April 13, 2015

Something a Little Different Today


I was sent an email by someone who was, basically, advertising a site. Yet, I am willing to forego my usual ban of such things (I usually send them an email explaining how I do not like such things) and pass this one on to readers of my blog.

I do this because the the subject matter may be of interest to my readers, whether they can remember those years or not. The site speaks of toys I and many others had when we were young. It neglected to cover some I remember (the WHAM-O line) but it did bring back many memories.

Here's the site (I apologize for the possible pop-up ads you may encounter).
 

No comments: