The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Monday, May 18, 2015

I'm Melting!


The title is a famous line from "The Wizard Of Oz" when the Wicked Witch of the West is destroyed by Dorothy. A classic film, no doubt, and a favorite of most. I say "most" because I remember a young friend who cried in fear because of that witch when my sister took us to see it at our local movie theater. Kenny was not a brave kid.

I bring this up because NASA has determined that the Arctic ice shelf will disappear by 2020 and, of course, it is all our fault. Climate change, brought on by man.

Personally, I think it is government creating a "boogeyman" to frighten us into accepting more government control over our lives. We need an external enemy to frighten us, an external enemy so huge and threatening that only government can protect us... one which would unify us, a threat to the planet. Since we cannot manufacture an invasion by space aliens, Climate Change will have to do.

I'm not buying it, though.

In an update, it turns out that NASA has found no evidence that the ice sheet is melting.

2 comments:

Notes From ABroad said...

Me either ... I used to do the Witches voice and say Imm melting I'm melting when it got too warm in summer. My children thought I was funny.

Whitney said...

Hello maate nice post