The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Sunday, January 11, 2009

Should I change?




I am considering changing my image. Well, just my profile picture actually. I could use a little help with that. You see, I have never been good with decisions like this. So, here are my current choices...












They are: Desperado Doug, Brilliant Idea, and Innocent Me.

Or, I can keep the one I have which I like to call Old Fart.

12 comments:

Michael Horvath said...

Old fart is cool. but trim the beard to a short goatee and update the glasses and you will be a chick magnet. That's my opinion, hope I didn't offend.

Michael said...

pacehi, Douglas.

I don't like old pictures for display pictures, but I sometimes will use my childhood photos. But not for long periods.

I say, get a recent photo but don't make your face completely visible, like get a side-view, or catch the glare off a pair of 3-D glasses. ;)

I say Innocent Me if you really want a choice.

Michael.

The Jules said...

Have you got an x-ray? That would be good.

Otherwise, you can't go wrong with a big hat and a beard. Look at Santa.

Anonymous said...

The image is only one aspect of the person--of course a nice hat is always a plus.

Cheers,
Clayrn Darrow
M.IV

Neo said...

just find pics off the web to throw everyone off, thats what I do, of course I have been with the pirate flag for a bit, should I change mine?

Inspector Clouseau said...

Personally? I REALLY like the kid photo. It conveys a spirit of optimism and immediately makes one smile.

Linda S. Socha said...

You know I have kind of grown acustomed to your face as it is now...but a current update night be fun also? Such choices.....can be daunting I admit....I wshall await the final choice...
Linda

Douglas said...

Ok, a nice range of thoughts and input. Maybe I will rotate my mug shots on an random basis...

Robot Nine said...

Douglas, you are too funny. I keep changin mine and was going to say rotate them. Once again, you beat me to my own idea!

Douglas said...

Alan - I am hiding in a deep, unused, crevice of your brain.

MPH - Faye says I am not allowed to be a "chick magnet". At my age it would be more like an "old hen magnet", anyway.

Linda - I have given up aging, it just adds wrinkles and bags under my eyes (though I seemed to have them in "Innocent Me").

Anonymous said...

Douglas, keep the old fart, don't trim the beard it attracts the wrong sort of girls. I have much better success with a full beard.

AV
http://netherregionoftheearthii.blogspot.com/
http://tomusarcanum.blogspot.com/

Alan said...

Douglas, you are too funny. I keep changin mine and was going to say rotate them. Once again, you beat me to my own idea!