The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Little Bits of Weirdness

Dave Barry's annual Christmas list...


# Educational sperm snow globe
# Poop box
# Jerky pistol
# Nose shower-gel dispenser
# Metal-detecting sandals
# Whoppair boxing gloves
# NFL Garden Gnome
# Beer pager
# Stink-finder ultraviolet light
# Golf club drink dispenser
# Wine glass holder necklace (set of two)

There are links to each item so you can read all about these wonderful gift suggestions.

Now, on to a certain couple in Florida having some domestic troubles... No, not that couple...


Woman attacks boyfriend with a raw steak.

Yeah, I'm not working too hard today on the blog. Or on anything else. Golf this afternoon so I try not to do anything more than relax beforehand. Of course, I do that every day anyway but that's not the point.

Speaking of golf, I have to toss in the obligatory Tiger comments.
I will toss in Tiger joke (from SNL, I am told)...

Newsflash: Tiger hits tree and 11 women fall out.

(yeah, the count is up to 11 now)

I am no prude but... Why get married if you are going to cheat? What is the point, folks?
I do not understand this... there is no "conquest" involved, no challenge. These women throw themselves at celebrities. Succumbing to temptation doesn't exactly come across as "manly" to me (maybe that's just me) and that temptation was there long before he and Elin married so as Jay Leno asked Hugh Grant "What the Hell [was he] thinking?"

6 comments:

Pearl said...

I want the nose shower-gel dispenser.

I absolutely love Dave Barry.

As to why people cheat? Old, old question.

Pearl

Douglas said...

Pearl, I am partial to the metal detector sandals... and I know why "people" cheat. What I don't understand is why people who are filthy rich and famous and want to have lots of sex with anybody available (and there are plenty available for folks like that) get married.

Michael Horvath said...

I am with you there on the Tiger thing. What is the point?

Tempo said...

I thoroughly disapprove of Tigers apparent cheating...but mainly, I'm just jealous.

Michael said...

Well, I think the question should be refined to: why get married to a wife that's not okay with you sleeping with other people?

I'm all for honest and open polygamy if the best possible scenario turned out to be that.

Michael.
Do you hate it too?
"If you're going through Hell, keep going."
Holy Holism!

Douglas said...

Pearl, I am partial to the metal detector sandals... and I know why "people" cheat. What I don't understand is why people who are filthy rich and famous and want to have lots of sex with anybody available (and there are plenty available for folks like that) get married.