The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Friday, August 23, 2013

Bits and Pieces for Friday


Not having any ideas of my own to exploit for the blog, I turned to Google News for some ideas. This is what I found...

Bradley Manning wants to live as a woman and hopes that the military will provide him with hormone therapy (and, probably, the attendant surgeries). I am sure this has nothing whatsoever to do with getting a sentence of 35 years.

‘‘As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible,’’ the statement read.

Hannah Anderson went on the Today show to talk about her abduction by the close family friend who murdered her mother and little brother.

A young man from Australia was gunned down by some "bored" teens who decided to find someone to kill. They shot him in the back and left him to die. He did not die all that quickly. Australia is outraged (as well it should be) at the violence in the U.S. and is urging their citizens not to travel there. Just as we urge people not to visit Egypt and Syria, I am sure. Note to Australia- We're not pleased about this either.

Major Nidal Hassan  rested without presenting a defense and does not want the jury to consider lesser charges over his murder of some 13 people at Fort Hood in Texas in 2009.

Then I got depressed...


No comments: