The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chew on This.

I am not in a good mood right now. You see, I have dentures. I have what is called a "partial" which I got some 3 years ago. These have broken... again. Twice in a period of 3 years. That alone makes me unhappy. But there is more... of course.

I now have to either get this denture repaired or replaced. Neither of which will be cheap, though one will be significantly cheaper than the other. I will be without a way to eat anything but fairly soft food while the repair is done or the replacement made. I will have to get up early in the morning so that I might be able to get the repair/replacement done in a minimum amount of time, perhaps in only a day.

I will also miss going out to dinner with friends tonight. I could, I suppose, and order something soft but I would rather not. Instead, I will stay home. That will make me even more cranky.

And I can't even bite someone.

2 comments:

Pearl said...

Douglas, that really sucks. Go out anyway, get the meatload and the mashed potatoes and then blame any potentially slurred speech on teh four beers you insisted on having.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

Pearl

Pearl said...

Douglas, that really sucks. Go out anyway, get the meatload and the mashed potatoes and then blame any potentially slurred speech on teh four beers you insisted on having.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

Pearl