The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Help Alan Chill Out

I received the following plea from Blogger, Alan Mizell, of Robot Nine , Photobesity, (both of which he has sadly had to neglect of late for his latest project) and Alan Around The World.

Alan, if you haven't been following his blog, is in preparation for a bicycle journey around the world. He assures me that he will not attempt to bike across any oceans or other bodies of water... something that concerned me greatly as the last guy I knew who attempted to drive to Hawaii hasn't been heard from since. But I digress.

Please go to the linked site (yes, there's a link down there somewhere), attempt to vote, and you will be guided through the registering process. Alan has assured me (though he does not yet know it) that he will deal with all spam I might receive as a result. I am sure he will do the same for everyone.

Seriously, it costs you nothing and you will be helping out a great guy.

Here's the plea... (I edited out the bribery portion)



Quark Expeditions is sending a blogger on a trip to Antarctica. This is probably not possible for me unless I can be chosen to be their blogger, and that means I need the most people voting for me to go.

The person with the most votes goes and the leader seems to have only 1,900 so far. PLEASE go to the link and do the simple registration and vote for me!

Put Alan Around The World truly AROUND the world. Put me on top of the world by sending me to the bottom of the world!

For my friends I promise every detail will be blogged and photos galore. For those not so fond of me (are there any?) this is your chance to stick me where the sun don't shine. (Well, it does, actually, but it still sounds funny!)

Please visit Quark Expeditions and vote NOW!!!

If you possibly could help spread the word to your friends that would be even better!!!


THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE, IT WILL JUST TAKE A MINUTE.

No comments: