The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, January 21, 2010

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

Did you ever have one of those dreams? You know... where you want to remember it because it was so strange yet so real and you got so involved in it that you wanted to know how it turns out? And you wanted to know so badly that you tried to go back into the dream after waking up?

Well, obviously I had one of those last night or I wouldn't be writing this. The details are fuzzy, as they always are even minutes after you wake up, but I was involved in some kind of a get-rich-quick scheme with guy who looked vaguely like Donald Trump. The scheme and Trump-lite didn't seem all that important. It was the journey.

What journey? Why the one I take through the strange Kansas City like landscape trying to find my way back to the hotel (whose name I didn't know even in the dream) after inexplicably getting lost. I say "inexplicably" because I like that word, not because it is important to my getting lost. After all, this is a dream and everything about such dreams is pretty much inexplicable.

My weird journey dreams always seem to hit me when I am sick and feverish. I am neither of those today nor was I either of them last night. Maybe that is why the dream bothers me so much. Does it portend some bout of disease I am about to suffer? Am I unknowingly suffering some dread disease? Or was there something not quite right about the swordfish steak I had for dinner last night? Or the Cuban sandwich for breakfast?


I don't think I should worry. After all, I did find my way back... just before I woke up.

3 comments:

Neo said...

I always wake up right before the gun shot kills me, lol

Bagman and Butler said...

I ADORE DREAMS. I look forward to going to bed to see where I end up next.

Douglas said...

Greg, I used ot have that dream a lot... before and during my divorce from my first wife.

B&B, I used to... but then I got married (again). Now I know where I'll end up.