The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I am not advocating this

I have found a diet that works. Not that I needed to lose weight, mind you. I am not, and was not, obese by any stretch of the imagination. But I had added a few pounds over the years that bothered me a bit. I am 5'11" and my weight had inched (I use the term advisedly) up to 179 pounds. My best weight ranges between 155 and 165. Though I have not been in that range for some time.

I cannot recommend this diet, however. You see, I only came across it by accident. Literally. Busting my kneecap has allowed me to lose about 14 pounds.

Pain has a dampening effect on appetite. At least on mine. I eat small bowl of the local supermarket's knock off of Honey Nut Cheerios with a handful of Craisins tossed in for breakfast. I may eat a small sandwich for lunch or a couple of oatmeal raisin cookies... and here's the key... only half of whatever dinner is placed in front of me.

Even though I am not getting much exercise... unless you count hobbling about from time to time... I am trimming down swiftly.

There may be a benefit to this after all...

4 comments:

The Jules said...

It all made sense until you started putting words together randomly.

"Half of whatever dinner is placed in front of me."

Nope. Still can't follow it.

Douglas said...

Jules, the ten minutes were almost spent.

Michael said...

Wow, a lot's happened in the past month - I've missed you! I'm glad to be coming back at a point where your patella has been tended to and you are once again bipedal (not two-crutches-and-unipedal). Did you really hallucinate from painkiller tolerance? What did you see? (I've never tried.)

You know already that's not a healthy diet. So I'm just going to hope your appetite picks up. To lose one's sense of hunger is something I find quite disturbing...

The Jules said...

It all made sense until you started putting words together randomly.

"Half of whatever dinner is placed in front of me."

Nope. Still can't follow it.