The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Friday, January 18, 2013

Another bit of musing


Just a short one today. Call me lazy...

On the way back from Biloxi, as we traveled down I-75, we played a game I call "catch-up, fall back, catch-up" with a tanker truck. The tanker carried milk. You've seen these trucks, I am sure. Nice shiney stainless steel (I think) tanks on a lot of wheels hauled by the usual diesel tractors. Just bringing milk to children of all ages in the advancement of cholesterol levels throughout America. Relax... I jest about the cholesterol conspiracy.

And the thought came to me, waking me up from that nap I take when traffic is relatively light: "Is this how milk is homogenized?"

Think about it...


No comments: