The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, January 31, 2013

I really should buy an economical car


I see gas prices are on the rise. This increase will last until sometime late tomorrow... after I fill my tank. No, I am not paranoid. It is just fact. I do not know how they know when I am approaching the point at which I must buy gas but they do.

On the way to the golf course yesterday morning, I noticed that the price had jumped overnight from $3.21 to $3.45 per gallon. We know that is not quite true, don't we? It's really $3.459, isn't it? That's what the hardly noticed "and 9/10" means. It's a bit like the ".99" after the "$19" on the price where the ad says "less than $20!"

The price of gas will drop in a few days... after I fill up... but not by much. Not as much as it has risen.


No comments: