The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, June 19, 2014

I Am Curious (Blogger)


A few of you will recognize the paraphrasing in the title of this post. Most will
likely not. Which should disappoint me... I like to think of my readers as the curious sort in that they seek out information and like to learn more about issues and events... but I realize that not everyone is all that inquisitive and most are indifferent. I just happened to be raised in a family headed by a guy who pushed inquisitivity as an asset. And who supported in that by my mother. My father (and mother) would often quiz me about the details and background not only of my friends but of my opinions and positions.

One of the things on this page is something called Feedjit. This application tells me where my readers come from and often gives me what they came here to read. Some are easy to figure out; this, for example , seems to be popular. But it is because of the young lady depicted there, I strongly suspect. But there are others that are popular destinations on this site that I don't understand:


"Rah! Rah! Sis Boom Bah! What does that mean anyway?"
and...
"The Cough - The Picc Line Story"

Sometimes Feedjit gives me a hint as to how they found the posts in question (a search for "big breasts", for example) but more often does not. Don't get me wrong, I like that readers come here, regardless of why and how...Which piques my curiosity...

Perhaps my readers can shed some light on these...

1 comment:

Steven said...

Funny, I just heard of those movies (and read that wikipedia entry) for the first time last night, while watching mad men