The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Monday, October 25, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggety-jig


Well, it is good to be back. I think. Somehow I managed to pick up a bug while we were in San Diego. I probably caught that at a Jack in the Box restaurant. I like Jack in the Box restaurants, it's a pity there are none in Florida. I am not sure why I like them, they haven't treated me all that well over the years.

They were the first fast food places to come out with breakfast sandwiches. They had a Breakfast Jack. This consisted of an egg, cooked over hard in a little metal ring so it was round, a slice of Canadian Bacon, on a regular hamburger bun. It was a great idea. But the first one I bought had a large piece of eggshell on it. Which I found after biting into it. Numerous times afterward, they would foul up the order I would give in the drive-thru lane. That's pretty much understandable if you consider just how bad those speakers and microphones are. Only they couldn't be this bad. Not this many times.

Still, I never miss a chance to patronize them when I am in an area that has them. They have a Meaty Breakfast Burrito now that I crave just thinking about it. It probably raises my cholesterol to 300mg all by itself but... I just don't care.

I have digressed, have I not? I was talking about illness, not food.

The drive home had me coughing and sniffling most of the way. Not terribly but somewhat. The day after I arrived home, it turned worse. It added a fever (mild) and few aches. I felt a bit better by Sunday and today I will ignore it to play golf. I do have my priorities after all.

Still, it is good to get home. Pleasant to sit on the sofa in front of the TV. Nice to know I can grab some iced tea (green tea with lemon, honey, and ginseng) from the fridge and settle down with the computer to do all the puzzles I like to do. It just isn't the same in a hotel room. Even in one of those mini-suites they have now.

And I can now get back to regular blogging. Daily. Except Sundays (usually). Whether you like it or not.

No comments: