The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Watching


I have a little app/gadget for the blog that tells me where the last 10 or so readers come from. It's not completely accurate but it's close.

I have noticed I have a regular visitor from Washington, DC. That makes me a little nervous. While I know there are a lot of people in Washington and that most of them do not work for the federal government, it still makes me nervous. Call it paranoia.

Or heightened awareness.

I wonder what attracted him or her to this blog? Actually, I wonder why anyone reads this blog. Other than me, that is. I have to. Yes, I know most of my posts are pointless... even to me... but they're mine. And I usually thought I had something to say when I wrote them. Days later, I realize I didn't express it well.

Which brings me back to that person from DC...

You may be watching me... but this is me watching you.


But keep stopping by, I need the readers.

No comments: