The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Monday, January 26, 2015

Apparently Life Is Not So Unfair


I may have written about "Satoshi Kanazawa" before. He is an "evolutionary psychologist." That's a fancy name for someone who tries to explain human psychology in evolutionary terms. He writes a blog for Pyschology Today (a magazine that intrigued me once upon a time). He got into a bit of trouble some years ago for writing a post that seemingly demeaned women, something about beautiful women, I believe.

Weirdly, I received an email from Pyschology Today on Saturday in which a number of his posts were laid out with links. This one was very interesting. In it, there is a link to an earlier article which might intrigue you.

I do not know why PT sent me this, I haven't been to their site in many years but perhaps they have some "bots" that figured that out and send intriguing emails to re-capture one's interest.


2 comments:

Notes From ABroad said...

Very interesting. I try not to lie at all. I am one of those people who looks guilty the minute they start to tell a lie. Plus .. my big fear is forgetting what the lie was and contradicting myself and looking like an idiot.

Tom said...

Surely, despite making a number of good points, both these articles were written a little bit tongue-in-cheek. But the point about increasing unhappiness in women, I think, is a valid one, largely because along with earning more money, women have also been working more and shouldering more financial responsibility, while enjoying less financial and emotional security. Can't be anything good about that.

Regardless, thanks for the links -- interesting.