The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Saturday, January 3, 2015

Something I Agree With In The Washington Post


And, of course, I am stunned. But, after reading this, I found myself nodding in agreement and seeing many comments that did not appear to agree with the author that "the more things change, the more they remain the same."

Perhaps it's because I see it all around me, that I saw it in my (almost exclusively) liberal friends in the 60's and see it still today. I thought it was the hypocrisy of the Left then (and it was that) but have come to believe that it is part of all our natures. You will see it in the comments but I urge you to read and ponder the article first before moving onto the commentary following it.

Things will not change until we recognize that "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings." [Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"]


No comments: