The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, October 28, 2015

They Don't Work Like On TV


Ever notice how well cellphones work on the TV and in the movies? Crystal clear sound and no fumbling for the speaker "button." No matter where the user is, no matter the conditions, the cellphone gets a signal and has perfect reception.

I don't know about you but mine isn't that good. Much better than my first one(analog and huge), I'll admit, but still...in my house, I am lucky if I can get two bars on signal strength. That might have something to do with my Wi-Fi router, the TV, and the refridgerator... as well as the electrical wiring. Still, no one on TV or in the movies seems to have any trouble at all except when the script seems to call for it. Like when the woman is stranded on a dark road and the killer is approaching.

Maybe it's because I don't have an Iphone.


No comments: