The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday, Monday, Can't Trust That Day

Mondays are tough. One would think I would have something to write about after two days of leisure. But since I am entirely a man of leisure, those two days are just more of the same. Oh, I suppose I could write about the excitement of lounging on the sofa for two days watching old movies, a golf tournament (with a foregone conclusion), a football game (Dolphins lose... depressing), and some mindless other stuff. Ho hum.

I just summed up my weekend, didn't I?

Oh wait... I did read a little. And do some puzzles and played scrabble on my computer. Such an exciting life I lead.

And then dragging my tush out of bed to go humiliate myself on the golf course seemed just a fitting way to begin the week. But I didn't. Humiliate myself, that is. I actually played well.

Maybe laying about on the sofa is the key. I'll have to try that again next weekend.

No comments: