The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Monday, September 27, 2010

On the road yet again



Tomorrow I am on the road. Early in the morning. Very early in the morning. Today, I pack. Faye started packing yesterday but I am very much into procrastination. Never put off till tomorrow what you can stall off even longer, I always say.

I need to pack enough clothes to make it through about 10 days. That's when we get our first chance to do any wash or have things cleaned. You have to plan these things out. We have a small bag for the trip, larger bag for the destination.

Have I told you the itinerary yet? Two nights in Biloxi. One night near Albuquerque, the next day watch the balloons take off for the festival. Possibly one night in Laughlin, NV and then 3 nights in Las Vegas. After that, it's down to San Diego via I-15.

I am planning nothing beyond making it on time to the places we actually have reservations for. Everything else is up for grabs. The only problem is deciding what music to listen to on the road. Faye likes slow, romantic stuff and soul music from the 60's and 70's. I like 50's and before. Or rock and roll. Especially on the road. It has to keep me awake. The romantic music puts me to sleep. Not an especially good thing when driving.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Paul E. Giroux said...

Break a leg ...

Grey Ghost said...

Try packing a trike.2 days saddlebags,3 or 4 a sissy pack,anything over that,both.Now whats on the MP,the Stones(double),Van Morrison(double),Mingus,Edith Piaf.They saw me from Stafford to Anglesey,130 miles.Drive carefully.

Grey Ghost said...

Try packing a trike.2 days saddlebags,3 or 4 a sissy pack,anything over that,both.Now whats on the MP,the Stones(double),Van Morrison(double),Mingus,Edith Piaf.They saw me from Stafford to Anglesey,130 miles.Drive carefully.