The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Poem

ok, maybe a bad one

To bring you wisdom and insight,
each day I rattle the marbles in my head
in the mind of a man of promise
who lost his way instead.

Fame and fortune and the lap of luxury,
I was never set on that glorious path
I was allowed to drift about my world
thinking the future was just for laughs.


To pursue a future that would be bright,
better men would have risen above.
Not for me would be the life of goals,
no one was there to give me a shove.

Instead, I turned this way and that,
like a cat chasing bring shiny things,
Away from a future, and building a past
of burnt bridges and passionate flings.

And now all that's left is that hollow chamber behind my eyes,
full of marbles but not so wise.



3 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

At least you're playing "Keepsies" and holding on to your marbles

Richard said...

A wise poem.

Douglas said...

B&B, maybe... but the rattling is starting to bother me a little.

Richard, thank you. The phrase is "older but wiser" but I think only the "older" part is applicable.