The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, September 10, 2014

1768 Posts And I'm Getting Bored


I have been running this blog since October of 2008. That's a long time for me. I ran an Electronic Bulletin Board board for about the same length of time but it is longer than the time I've spent in some of the places I've lived. Boredom has set in. I am becoming indifferent to this blog. It's inevitable, I suppose. We tire of things, don't we? And, being lazy, I tend to tire easily... especially if there is effort involved.

What to do... what to do... Maybe just limit the number of posts to 3 or 4 a week. They are getting more infrequent anyway and if I limit them then I can say "It's policy."

I am not as clever as some other bloggers and that bothers me. There's a story one of my fellow golfers tells that reminds us that "we aren't that good." It's the story of a pro golfer who gets angry about missing a putt and his father says "I don't know why you get so mad... you're not that good."

I get angry sometimes when playing golf because I muff a shot in some way. And I get angry when a post doesn't read as well as I thought it should. But, in reality, I am not that good.

So, in the future, I think it will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for this blog.

 


1 comment:

Tom said...

Douglas, more power to you. I post about three times a week, and I find that's sometimes pushing it. But then, I don't know why I get mad when I can't come up with an idea ... I'm not that good!