The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, January 7, 2010

I am Prone to Ramble

And I like being prone. And to ramble.

I was commenting on some other blog, one much more entertaining than my own, when I realized I had not made any effort whatsoever toward posting something today. Some might say I make little to no effort on any day but they would fall in my enemies category or be relatives. Or maybe maybe just sarcastic friends. Who can tell these days?

But I have decided to ramble. Because that is how my mind works. A bit like a gnat buzzing around not quite sure where to land (though they often find their way into my ear, oddly enough).

One of the other things I hadn't gotten around to this morning was brushing my teeth. While doing that, I was reminded of forgetting things which led me to something else... the routines we develop. Get out of bed, scratch, go pee, brush teeth, get some clothes on (this may precede the teeth thing on colder mornings... such as today), get coffee, drink coffee, get more coffee, play various solitaire games on the computer, read some blogs, write something incredibly clever and post the dull and boring thing, play more solitaire games and so on. This pondering of routines reminded me of an advertisement on the radio:

[man's voice]

Men, do you have trouble urinating?
Do you wake up at night to urinate?


... at this point in the commercial, my mind starts wandering off into answers...

No, I don't bother to wake up.

And I am blissfully unaware of the details of the rest of the commercial which is selling some allegedly natural solution to all your prostate issues. Well, all of men's prostate issues because it seems that women do not have one of these.

We have a lot of these commercials. Not about prostate issues but about natural cures for various ills. We used to use almost all natural products for curing and alleviating ills, you know. Before we discovered test tubes and microscopes, that is. Some people think we should go back to the old ways, to those natural remedies.

I am not so sure. They seem to be more expensive than the newer stuff and aren't covered by most health insurance plans. And they never seem to work for me anyway. I'm not alone either. I just read the other day that Ginko Biloba turned out to not do anything to prevent the dementia I just know I am going to have. The good news is that it doesn't seem to do any harm... except to your wallet, I suppose.

Well, you see how I ramble and now I need to get prone again... as in lie down. Perhaps to nap.



1 comment:

Neo said...

Ramble, because you can, I'm with ya man