The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Apologies

I just realized I have not posted yet today. I have my reasons. No, that's not true. I have my excuses. Lame ones, of course, as most excuses are. So I will not bother insulting your intelligence with them or boring you with their banality.

The truth is that I have spent the day avoiding posting anything. Subconsciously. Consciously, I thought I was busy going around leaving insightful, yet somehow insipid, comments on other blogs. And then I had a medical appointment to go to.

The medical appointment was for a test. The test was regarding a vertigo problem I have been experiencing for a few years. The question is what is causing it and the test was supposed to help determine this. Indications are that it is related to my inner ear on the right side. It is that ear which has a hearing loss and intermittent tinnitus resulting, I think, from damage incurred while in the Navy. They had very big guns on the ship on which I served and it is not a smart thing to do to stand in a hatchway when one is fired. The air pressure on one side is immediately lower than the other creating a concussion effect. And leaves the ear ringing for, in my case, a few days. Coupled with some small arms firing I engaged in a few days prior to that, I was left with some hearing loss.

The test was not completed because the technician did not have sufficient electrodes to perform it. Instead, we mostly discussed UFO's. From space. Alien craft. Which she thinks visit us from time to time. I am, shall we say, a bit skeptical of that?

You would think that I would come home, realize I had not posted anything and develop something from that theme. You would. I would. But I didn't. Instead, I played solitaire games, surfed the web, and left dumb comments

And that's my excuse. Or you could just accept the following:

The imaginary dog ate my blog post.

No comments: