The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Post-trip burnout



It seems like you need a vacation after taking one. Just to recover. Except I don't really have vacations anymore... since I am retired... so I just go on trips from time to time. In any event, I am back and feeling a little exhausted.

Maybe that isn't the right word. Overwhelmed might be better. I have about 40 TV programs to catch up on (love/hate that DVR) and have only made a small dent. It might be a good thing that we are headed into the Season Finale season. When things start into re-runs, I can catch up. Maybe.

I have the following to watch:

24
Human Target
World at War
Justified
NCIS
NCIS L.A.
Chuck
Deadwood
Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Caprica
Medium
Numb3rs
CSI
CSI: NY
Criminal Minds
Forgotten
Castle
Penn & Teller
The Vicar of Dibley
After You've Gone

I obviously watch too much TV.

I also have a friend's computer to work on, a sick sister to visit, and a few other things that must be tended to.

If you need me, I'll be on the sofa...






4 comments:

The Jules said...

Vicar of Dibley?

Not very yankified of you.

Douglas said...

Jules, yeah... I like British humor and, well, I only miss about half the references.

Douglas said...

Jules, yeah... I like British humor and, well, I only miss about half the references.

The Jules said...

Vicar of Dibley?

Not very yankified of you.