The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It ain't all sunshine and lollipops


Ever have one of those days? I seem to be having a lot of them. Things just don't seem right, life is just a tad askew. Most of my days are like that of late. It's nothing I can put my finger on and it isn't all bad but it's there. Just outside my line of sight, just over there in the fringe of what can be seen.

Out of sight, out of mind does not seem to apply. It's there and it causes me concern. It's like one of those premonitions that doesn't quite explain itself.

It's just a feeling, I suppose. But it's haunting.

I play golf. Three days a week. But lately my game is not quite what it should be. It's not terrible but it's not good either. I go to the course without that certain level of anticipation that I think I should have. I drive my car and I listen for funny noises, not quite hearing them, I seem to feel vibration in the steering wheel but then it is gone.

And then there's the headaches. The pain is there but not severe, not locatable, not in any specific area. Aspirin helps but not entirely. So they remain... just below the threshold of intolerance.

I guess the best description would be a cloudy day with scattered sunshine. The sunshine really doesn't stay long enough to take away that overcast feeling.

I think I need more sunshine in my life.

No comments: