The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, August 6, 2009

Saving Water

From the "Oh, Like You Never Thought of it... dept."

Apparently, Brazil is encouraging its citizens to, well, pee in the shower in an effort to save water.

There are rules, however... [taken from the Guardian]

• Don't start until the water has. The water not only provides a cloaking effect, it also avoids lingering contact between the non-lavatory bowl porcelain and your urine. The idea is that it is whisked away down the plughole almost instantly, thus minimising breaches of basic hygiene and allowing maintenance of the pretence, even unto yourself, that you have not just peed in the shower.

• For similar reasons, it also behoves the micturator to do his/her business right at the beginning of his/her ablutions, thus providing a full rinse cycle.

• Don't do it in a friend's shower. Nothing ruins a friendship quicker than inappropriate urination. Keep it for post-pub antics in shop doorways where it belongs.

• Don't do it in public showers – for the obvious reasons, but also because public showers very often involve wooden slat arrangements and we are talking about an activity that should only be undertaken on very, very non-porous areas indeed.


http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/aug/06/peeing-in-shower-rules

3 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

Funny that there are official "rules."

I don't know if that "saves" water though because you have to stop whatever you're doing. Last thing you want is a urine coated loufa.

Douglas said...

Hektik - I wouldn't try scrubbing my feet while taking a whiz but I suppose I could rinse my hair at the same time. I'm just sayin'...

Douglas said...

Hektik - I wouldn't try scrubbing my feet while taking a whiz but I suppose I could rinse my hair at the same time. I'm just sayin'...