The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Saturday, August 29, 2009

Snippets of Life


 From time to time, I have published pieces that were snippets of my life. Stories of little things that drift around my mind, things out of my past, people and events that pop in my mind at odd moments. I usually title these with "Snippet of Life" as a prefix. I have started moving them into another blog which I call, oddly enough, Snippets of Life.

 If you have read all of these posts then you may not be interested in visiting that blog. If you haven't then they are all there in one place now. Eventually, I will purge them from this blog completely and they will only be available on Snippets of Life and any future post of that type will only show up there.

I realize not everyone is into such nostalgic musings. I am only into them at random times. The Snippetsblog will therefore be updated, uh, randomly.  I originally thought I would post more of them on here but that hasn't turned out to be the case. I guess I am less nostalgic than I thought.

Or maybe I am growing bored with my past.

2 comments:

Neo said...

thinking about the past can get rather boring, but you do come up with a memory that sticks out at times, as long as you learn what it is that was to be learned... Thank you for the responses to my past few posts, It does make a difference when you know someone is interested in what you have to say. As a regular reader of your posts is it a waste of time going to your other blog?

Douglas said...

Neo, thanks for the kind words. I read your blog because I like the occasional pictures and because I relate to the relationship changes you have been going through (mine have been in the past). Though I don't comment there, I like the Ares blog too. As for a waste of time to go to the other blog... there will be no more Snippets posts on this one. So, if you like them, that's where new ones will be. If you don't... well, that's where the new ones will be. :)