The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Monday, July 12, 2010

Random Thoughts for July



Some people have washboard abs. Mine are better described as "washtub." (Faye says "basketball")

In addition, my "gunboats" look like canoes.

I would like someone to explain something.... anything.

I have learned what science has done to explain the the initial expansion of the Universe causing matter to move faster than light. They created something called "Planck time" and ignored the speed limit. After all, Einstein didn't yet exist so the Universe didn't know it had to obey that speed limit.

Life on earth may seem confused, capricious, troublesome, and inexplicable but it is the only life we know. If/when we find life elsewhere, it is likely to be even more inexplicable. I just hope they aren't really into anal probing.

The more documentaries I watch, the more skeptical I become about their validity. Documentaries have become more opinion than educational.

When I was 30, I thought that should be the start of "middle age" with 35 to 40 being the end. Now that I am 64, I am thinking that 60 might have been a better choice.

Careful observation has revealed to me that any traffic light's odds of turning red as I approach is directly proportional to my need to be somewhere on time. Maybe that should be "inversely proportional"... I always get those confused.

I think NASA's priorities should not ever include diplomacy and the self-esteem of any peoples. Self esteem is the responsibility of those people, not someone else.



2 comments:

Neo said...

64? coming up on 48 I'm thinkin, "wow, where'd all the years go?"
explaining... first there was the earth, it cooled and the dinosaurs took over... god sat back looked and said "hmm... these aren't going to work with the humans I've created"; he throws a big rock at the earth and then starts over.

Gregory said...

64? coming up on 48 I'm thinkin, "wow, where'd all the years go?"
explaining... first there was the earth, it cooled and the dinosaurs took over... god sat back looked and said "hmm... these aren't going to work with the humans I've created"; he throws a big rock at the earth and then starts over.