Pearl, whom I adored up until I read her blog post of 9/2/09, has inflicted a meme on me. I have no idea what I did to her to tick her off and that photo of me blogging in my underwear under a palm tree in my backyard is obviously photoshopped since I do not have a palm tree in my backyard. I don't actually have a backyard in my backyard and I have the variance approval to prove it. I will admit only to occasionally blogging in my underwear.... but never outdoors. It's too bloody hot.
Now, where was I? Oh yes, a meme. As you know, I do not approve of these things being mandatory. So I will not, as the meme instructs, inflict this on anyone else. Besides, they would then seek revenge and this would soon escalate, or deteriorate, into meme-tossing and random tagging and then none of us would get anything done. Especially me. I can get nothing done all on my own without all that pressure, thankyouverymuch.
I got lost again. Oh yeah... the meme says I should reveal 7 quirky things about myself that are evidenced in my blog. That is a tough assignment. First, because I do not have any quirkiness and, if I do, they are evidenced only because hackers have snuck in and changed my words.
1. I am pedantic. Obsessively so. Not enough to be an English teacher* (if I had the education), mind you, but still... You won't notice unless you read a post immediately after it is posted and then re-read it several times afterward spaced by an hour, 2 hours, and possibly a day. You will then notice the re-phrasing, the corrected typos and glaringly misspelled words that were emended. If you are also pedantic. Otherwise, you won't.
2. I read old books and watch old movies. I decided some years ago that I was born in the wrong decade. So I spend as much time as I can in the decades I should have been born in. You should see my zoot suit. And my buckskins and trapper gear.
3. I do, actually, always blog in my underwear. Sometimes I have clothes on over them, of course. I will still deny those pictures, however, Pearl.
4. My writing basically sucks but I know you are all too polite to actually tell me that so I have no incentive to improve. (That was not a license for certain people to immediately start criticizing me.. We both know who you are)
5. I am nostalgic. Even about things and times I have never experienced, or possibly want to.
6. I am Irish. That's not my fault. I blame my grandfather who wouldn't stay in Ireland after he met my (not yet then) grandmother. I have no idea if that is a quirk but I am running out of ideas.
7. I have only a few teeth left. You can laugh if you want but your turn will likely come. This matters only because I eat in front of the computer. Unlike a dog or cat, the computer does not look at me with soulful eyes and drool so I can do it without guilt. I am hopeful that isn't evidenced in this (or any other) blog.
Now, instead of assigning this to 7 other bloggers I will assign it to whoever wants to do it, has a computer, or reads this blog. That should cover just about all of my enemies and the one or two friends who hadn't abandoned me up till now.
I will not tell you how many times I have proofread this or how many changes/additions/corrections I have made so far...
(* My apologies, Cheri... I liked most of my English teachers)
A Night Unremembered
6 years ago