The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Waiting on Delivery


No, I do not have  sloppy speech habits and am not waiting on a horse. I am waiting on the arrival of a package being shipped by UPS. The package is coming from a company called Rock Bottom Golf. I really like these guys. They are very customer-oriented and bend over backwards to keep them happy. The package coming is the result of my desire to purchase something which wasn't available at the time I found about the item(s) being on sale. So I, in my usual grumpy way, made them aware of my disappointment. I failed to take notice of the fact that it was an extended sale period and I couldn't expect the item to still be available. After my note to them, Adam (a guy who is in the customer happiness department, I think, and who is suffering the winter in upstate New York) called me on the phone to talk about it. We chatted, I realized my error and was willing to forego getting the item but Adam didn't seem willing to let me do that.

The result was that I got the same price for a similar product and that is what is in the package wending its way to my home.

It is due to arrive tomorrow. I know this because UPS provides a tracking service and emails the tracking number along with the scheduled arrival date. The package arrived in a distribution center in Raleigh, North Carolina in the wee hours of yesterday morning and is still expected to get here today. I could even get an estimate of what time of day it will appear at my door but I don't bother with that. I already know it will be delivered between 5 and 6 PM because that is when the UPS van regularly wends its way through my neighborhood.

UPS is very dependable. Rock Bottom is a gem. And I wanted to make sure that I spread the word.



No comments: