The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ow!


I am not funky but I am in a funk. I am no longer hip but I once followed those hippie ways.

What I really am is older. And I am feeling it. I have aches that I once ignored but now seem unable to. I have less teeth and less hair than I once did. I am waiting for the wisdom that comes with age but often feel dumber.

In short, getting older is not what it was cracked up to be.

It's all a lie. A vicious, evil, lie. 

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."  [Eubie Blake]

My body is in rebellion. I didn't think I had taken much of a pounding over my life but I sure feel like it of late. Sure, I fell out of trees, off bicycles and motorcycles, had an car accident or two, fell down a ladder, jumped off a few roofs, but didn't we all?

Maybe I am feeling other people's aches and pains.

No comments: