The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Royal Baby is Born.... yawn...


Last evening as I was sitting in front of my TV (because sitting behind it is a waste of time and there is no room to do that anyway) when the news came in to my tablet that the Royal Baby had been born.

I was not impressed. I then watched some of "The Five" on FNC where they babbled on about it. Kimberly Gilfoyle (a rather foxy... no pun intended... commentator) remarked that it was an "historically significant event." After almost choking on the steak I was eating at the time, I shouted at the TV... "What historical significance?????" It's just another baby, one of millions born all over the world each year. Is it because the baby is a royal heir? Big deal. I am not a monarchist, I do not believe that certain people were born to rule, that they have anything special about them that justifies treating them as earthbound gods.

In fact, I am offended by the fact that royal families exist at all and that people think highly of them just because they do.

As I sat there dumbfounded by  the reactions of otherwise sane people, I realized that I would not have lasted more than a couple of days after learning to talk under a monarchy.



2 comments:

T.C. said...

I agree. The Monarchy mattered pretty much until Queen Victoria and that's it. Everything else is just TMZ to me.

Randal said...

Awesome!