The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Friday, July 26, 2013

A Time Machine


I sometimes scroll down the Feedjit list over there on the right to see what visitors find interesting. Most often it is that a picture drew them here, a picture that popped up on a Google image search. Some of these are obvious, some not so much. Sometimes, I am told the title of the post, sometimes only the month and year. I, myself, have done some image searches and, clicking on the image, was wafted away to some blog I never knew of. I understand it. I don't resent it. If they take the time to read a bit, perhaps they'll return.

I also sometimes read the post, if the title is there, to cater to my curiosity about the person drawn to it. The Feedjit does not tell me who the reader is, just where he or she might be  (in general, not specifically). Some of my more or less regular readers are obvious; or if someone leaves a comment, I might be able to correlate the entry time in Feedjit to that comment and guess where the reader lives (state or country and city or area) and I am always curious about visitors to my humble, but annoying, blog.

But I have written well over 1400 posts in the almost 5 years of this blog's life and one cannot remember them all so I re-read the ones I see in the Feedjit list from time to time to get a better understanding of myself at the time of that post. I sometimes wonder if other bloggers do this. I suppose they do. It's a bit like looking at old photos of oneself in an album.

For instance, I just recently re-read "Clouds and fresh washed linen". It brought back the same memories, the same feelings I had when writing it. I smelled the clean linen, fresh from the washing machine... felt the breeze, saw the clouds, felt the cool sod under me.

And I travel back in time...

No comments: