The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I'm so Tard!


This is going to be short...

I am tired. I am tired of people who do not think for themselves, I am tired of people who jump on bandwagons, I am tired of sheep who just "go along to get along." I am especially tired of people who have few, if any, facts but still feel the need to voice an opinion... an opinion that comes across as if it was taken, verbatim, from the NY Times or the Washington Post. Or, worse, from the Daily KOS or the Huffington Post.

I am tired of people who read one story about something and think that is enough. I am tired of people who do not vote. I am tired of people who are more concerned about what Kim Kardashian's baby looks like than about upcoming legislation. I am tired of people who keep reality shows on the air.

Basically, I am tired of people.


4 comments:

Notes From ABroad said...

"tard" ... you sound like my brother. We were raised in North Carolina... everyone gets tard there.

I know how you feel .. I have really enjoyed not having a television .. but now we have one .. I will be tard soon too.

besitos, C

Douglas said...

As a NewYawkah transplanted to Florida when he was a bit short of turning 10, my accent varies widely and is highly dependent upon who I am around.

Joanne Noragon said...

You need a good nap and something else, though I don't know what. So, start with a good nap.

Tom said...

I know, people can be so annoying, esp. if they don't agree with you. However, I DO agree with you abt. the royal baby.