A former co-worker and alleged friend sends me jokes and oddities via email from time to time. Our friendship is based primarily on our warped senses of humor. Other than that, we see eye to eye on almost nothing.
Today I received an email with a link to "The Top Ten Craziest Sex Laws in America".
Since I am a curious sort, I didn't stop there but went on to follow a link to yet another page where some really stupid laws are revealed... felony-misdemeanors-and-absurdity
Here's an excerpt, with commentary by me...
* It’s illegal in the U.S. to use any live endangered species, excepting insects, in public or private sexual displays, shows or exhibits depicting cross-species sex.
I have to wonder why insects were excepted. And is it illegal if you use mammals with insects?
* It’s illegal in Alabama it’s illegal to drive a car while blindfolded.
This is probably a good law. I am betting there are lots of people in Alabama who would try this if not for a law against it.
* In Alaska you can’t legally push a moose out of a plane in motion.
Just think about the possible things that caused this law to be considered.
* A man can only legally beat his wife once a month in Arkansas.
"Honey! Put down that stick, it's still March!"
* It’s illegal for small boys to throw stones, at any time, at any place in Washington D.C.
I am sure the politicians got pretty fed up with the constant torment.
* In Georgia it’s illegal for a barber to advertise his prices.
OK, I give up. Why?
* In Bakersfield, California, anyone having intercourse with Satan must use a condom.
Who says you cannot legislate good sense?
* It is against New York law for a blind person to drive a car.
Did they drop the word "drunk" from this law?
* In Washington State, you can’t carry a concealed weapon that is over 6 feet in length.
Probably had a lot of 8 foot tall people walking around with concealed 6 foot weapons.
* In Montana, you can’t pretend to abuse an animal in the presence of a minor.
Yep, it has to be for real.
* In Nome, Alaska it is illegal to openly carry a bow and arrow.
I am sure this has cut way down on those bow and arrow assaults.
* In Arizona, Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is a felony.
But Sheriff, it's really a sort of bronze!
* Maricopa County, AZ, No more than six girls may live in any house.
What if I had 6 daughters? Does my wife have to move out?
A Night Unremembered
6 years ago