The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Friday, August 21, 2009

Absolute Proof I am Nuts!

In case anyone here thinks I am sane, I want to make sure that silly idea is dispelled immediately.

I played golf today. Well, as usual, I went out there with golf clubs, golf balls,a golf cart and made fairly feeble attempts to advance the little white ball toward the green and into the hole.

In the process, I consumed about a gallon of water and secreted a tad over twice that amount out of my pores. In case you wonder why my sanity is questionable... here's the weather report:


Read the Realfeel temperatures... Click on it if you must to blow it up a bit.

It's not the heat, it's the humidity Ha! Here is it both.

Pity me... I am obviously not an Englishman so I must be the other.

[1711/1712/1581]

6 comments:

The Jules said...

Seems reasonable to me.

But then, I am an Englishman.

Bagman and Butler said...

Sounds reasonable to me as well. Of course, I guess that if you think you are proving you are insane when you actually prove you are sane, well isn't that kind of insane?

And my verification word was "insic"

Douglas said...

Jules, why do they say that about mag dogs and Englishmen?

B&B, Didn't Joseph Heller write a book about that?

IB said...

I don't know about a book but I know Joe Cocker made an insanely good album called "Mad Dogs and Englishmen". I don't remember any songs about golf, though.

And hey, Douglas, it could be worse; it could be raining.

IB

Douglas said...

IB, there's a song written by Noel Coward (which referenced by Joe Cocker). I can't believe you've never read Catch 22 by Joseph Heller.
Hmmmm... rain, yes, well there is that. We'd have welcomed it, I think.

Butler and Bagman said...

Sounds reasonable to me as well. Of course, I guess that if you think you are proving you are insane when you actually prove you are sane, well isn't that kind of insane?

And my verification word was "insic"