The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Few Changes

I have made a few changes in the blog layout and colors and fonts. Some are noticeable (those would be the ones that are most annoying, perhaps), some not so noticeable. I wish I was adept at HTML then I could create a custom layout, font, and color scheme that would be truly unique and off-putting.

Instead, I must rely on others for layouts and fiddle and play within their constraints to approximate what I want to do.

Suggestions for how to put that Comic Strip Title above the comic strip itself would be welcome. I can't seem to find the proper placement control for the text/title. It worked fine in the old template.

Ah... but these are minor irritations.

4 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

That's hard without looking at the code itself.

If the (IMG) tag is before the text then there could be some issues with your tables or DIV.

If you do see DIV or TABLE tags, try to cut and paste the IMG section above, one level.

BE SURE TO COPY YOUR TEMPLATE COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU TRY THAT.

Douglas said...

I've tried a few things but I don't know... It should be straightforward, the cartoon strip is simply a "gadget", an HTML/Java Script element. I'll figure it out eventually. It probably just needs a line feed or something equally simple and stupid.

Cheri said...

Hi Douglas,
I like the new look of your blog. Restful on the eyes.
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Lost two last month, myself.

Douglas said...

Thank you, Cheri, I like the wider format (and it stretches if you widen your browser).

There is that old saw... you don't miss your water until the well runs dry at work here. And I am also losing my last maternal uncle to cancer too.