The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Now I've Done It!

I am beginning to think gremlins are running Blogger.com. Or, at least, infesting it. I am either always signed in or not except, even then, I am signed in if I decide to read someone else's blog. Very confusing.

But that is not why I write today. Or any day, for that matter. But today I have an announcement (cue the trumpets).

I have decided to open Yet Another Blog. One about which I hinted yesterday.

It is called Sanity is Optional. This is not to be confused with the blog "Sanity is optional in Texas" (which it actually may be but I am no expert). The blog owners of the latter seem like nice people and I sincerely hope they will not be offended by my co-opting a portion of their blog's name. There are two other blogs with URLs which are close but these two have not been updated since 2003 and 2006, respectively. I figure the name I chose is ok.

Sanity is Optional is a political blog. There, I can rant and rave, ask stupid (and not so stupid) questions and generally be... well... political.

I do this because I have been chewing the end off my virtual tongue repressing urges to comment on political events and issues. This has migrated in Real Life which has resulted in biting my actual tongue. And, as we all know, it is difficult to eat with a ragged and flayed tongue.

So, in order to maintain my health and (not yet) overweight figure, I decided it is time to branch out into the political world.

Feel free to join me there. Or not. The posts there are likely to be sporadic. I am hoping there will be at least weekly postings. Maybe bi-weekly. We shall see.

At this point, there is only the introductory post.

If you like gawking at traffic accidents and train wrecks, you may find it interesting.

4 comments:

Neo said...

you may have noted I rated this post as "pointless" which is how I see political mumbo jumbo, lol
no, but really, you are the one I would enjoy reading on politics from, have at it brother, I will keep you posted.

Pearl said...

I look forward to this!

Pearl

The Jules said...

Politics will get only be fair, objective and wise when I am announced as Supreme Emperor of All the World and the Isle of Wight.

just a matter of time, I presume.

The Jules said...

Politics will get only be fair, objective and wise when I am announced as Supreme Emperor of All the World and the Isle of Wight.

just a matter of time, I presume.