The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I tried, really!

I have been sitting here trying to come up with something today and have failed. I allow myself to get distracted with crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, and a number of solitaire games... just to allow some thoughts to free themselves from the muck that is my subconscious... but to no avail.

Nothing. Not even an inkling. I am an empty well. Or swamp. Or quicksand pit.

And I am running out of time. I have only 10 minutes before I must get ready to play golf this afternoon.

Sigh.

I'll get ready now. Why bother wracking an empty brain?

10 comments:

Neo said...

even nothing is something if it is worded right, you my friend have the ability to word it right :)
How did the golf game go?
Do you wear argyle socks when on the golf course?
titlist or pinacle?

Roshni said...

HA! That must be nice...it was 'nice' for me to read since I'm 'slaving away' at the office!!

Douglas said...

Roshni, I am retired. I have no boss, no timeclock, and no money. But I have a blog. And it is an awesome responsibility. Which I occasionally take seriously.

Gregory, you are too kind. The game was better than I expected... for a change. I played well. I do not wear argyle socks anywhere. And I have been using Bridgestone of late, though I like Nike and often used them.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I feel your pain! My brain is empty too.

Hope golf was fun :-)

The Jules said...

I think you should play golf with catapults.

And then reort back here on the outcome.

The Jules said...

Report even.

Douglas said...

Jules, I dunno, I kinda like "reort".

Joanna, not empty so much as murky and buried in (for lack of a nicer word "muck."

Michael said...

Whenever I feel stuck with coming up with an idea forDo you hate it too?, I talk to my best friend about life. Eventually, something slips out of my mouth - "I hate it when...", "Don't you hate it when...", "This bitch, today, said to me..." - and voilĂ . Maybe you could try just having a conversation with somebody else to trigger your mind. Doing it all on your own, managing multiple blogs, can be difficult sometimes.

Michael.
Do you hate it too?
"If you're going through Hell, keep going."

Joanna Jenkins said...

I feel your pain! My brain is empty too.

Hope golf was fun :-)

Gregory said...

even nothing is something if it is worded right, you my friend have the ability to word it right :)
How did the golf game go?
Do you wear argyle socks when on the golf course?
titlist or pinacle?