The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm Ailin' and Wailin'


I knew this would happen. I have the flu. Possibly/probably the Evil Swine H1N1 Flu. We're not supposed to call it the "swine" flu anymore. The pork industry got upset, said it was adversely affecting their sales or something. But H1N1 looks like we should pronounce it "high-nee" which doesn't make me feel any better.

Let's go over the symptoms:

Fever - Mild but there.
Lethargy - Doesn't mean much, I am always lethargic. It's a talent of mine.
Runny nose - Yeah, had to chase it down a couple of times last night.
Sore throat - Oh yeah! I have never had one this sore.
Coughing - Yes, an increase there.
Diarrhea - Not yet.
Nausea and vomiting - Also not yet.

So it isn't official yet. It may as well be. I am a basket case when I am sick. Miserable. I just want to be left alone and, when I am, I resent the lack of care and attention.

Worst of all, I will be unable to play golf this afternoon.

9 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

Get well soon. Oink.

Steven said...

exactly what i came down with sunday, although i assumed it was regular flu and came back to work today...the bad feelings come and go in waves, i'm probably infecting everybody.

also nice icon bagman! ours is an '05 sebring silver with red & black interior, front lip, and headrest speakers that we got this summer with 16k miles, pristine condition, and only paid a trifle! great car

Michael said...

I laughed at "always lethargic", even though I'm not supposed to.

Get well soon. And arrange for two days in a row of golf after you get better.

Michael.
Do you hate it too?
"If you're going through Hell, keep going."

Charlotte Ann said...

I want to apologize for laughing. I know you don't feel well and I'm not going to read your blog on this again ...and then I'll quit laughing which wasn't a nice thing to do anyway. I'm an RN...I'm trained to keep a straight face around a patient and his illness so I'll refrain from reading your blog on sickness again!

IB said...

Bummer! I've had it. It sucks.

Get well soon, dude.

Douglas said...

All, Laughter is the best medicine. I read that somewhere. Reader's Digest, I think.

Douglas said...

All, Laughter is the best medicine. I read that somewhere. Reader's Digest, I think.

IB said...

Bummer! I've had it. It sucks.

Get well soon, dude.

Steven said...

exactly what i came down with sunday, although i assumed it was regular flu and came back to work today...the bad feelings come and go in waves, i'm probably infecting everybody.

also nice icon bagman! ours is an '05 sebring silver with red & black interior, front lip, and headrest speakers that we got this summer with 16k miles, pristine condition, and only paid a trifle! great car