The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday mutterings


Not sure what I want to say today so I'll just write whatever comes to mind. The day started at 6 AM. Well, maybe a little earlier but that is when I climbed out of bed. It's a golf day, one of three each week again now that my knee is properly on the mend. I didn't do all that well but adequately enough, I think. I am back exercising again too so I was a little sore from Saturday's workout.

Popping into the gym at the "Y" Saturday morning, I found it a little too easy to restart my routine just about where I left off two months ago. It was a bit later that evening when I realized I should have throttled back a bit. I had not been doing much exercising for two months. The muscles were slack. Weak. But they didn't know that. Now they do. I am reminded of when we would have the first day of Phys.Ed. after summer vacation. The day after that, I found I had wobbly legs and spasmodic arms. The coach's answer? More exercise, of course. And I shall do that tomorrow. Because I know no other way.

When I was a child, my idea of heaven was to sit about eating cookies, preferably oatmeal. Now that I am long removed from childhood, my idea of heaven is to sit about eating oatmeal raisin cookies. See the difference?

Florida is a strange place in the winter. I woke up this morning to temps in the 30's. I put on shorts, warm up pants over the shorts, polo shirt, sweater, fleece jacket and headed for the golf course. An hour after teeing off, I had removed the fleece jacket. 15 minutes later, off came the sweater. 30 minutes after that, the warm-up pants were removed. The temperature was approaching 70. And a beautiful day was well under way.

I would rather the temperature range was from 50 to 75 but we can't have everything, can we? Even the people down from Canada were complaining about the cold this morning. I just chuckle. This is more polite than muttering, "Why not go back to Toronto then?"

The week is looking good so far.

3 comments:

Pearl said...

We hit 48 two days ago and I thought I'd lose my mind. :-)

Just a couple more months of winter...

Pearl

Pearl said...

We hit 48 two days ago and I thought I'd lose my mind. :-)

Just a couple more months of winter...

Pearl

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this, Just read and found it helpful.

What do you think about vaping products?

If you want to buy, then goto mipod.com