The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

By the way... there's a crossword at the bottom of this page

Friday, January 18, 2013

Another bit of musing


Just a short one today. Call me lazy...

On the way back from Biloxi, as we traveled down I-75, we played a game I call "catch-up, fall back, catch-up" with a tanker truck. The tanker carried milk. You've seen these trucks, I am sure. Nice shiney stainless steel (I think) tanks on a lot of wheels hauled by the usual diesel tractors. Just bringing milk to children of all ages in the advancement of cholesterol levels throughout America. Relax... I jest about the cholesterol conspiracy.

And the thought came to me, waking me up from that nap I take when traffic is relatively light: "Is this how milk is homogenized?"

Think about it...


No comments: